|Plant Height||31 inch (79 cm)|
|Plant Spread||8 inch (20 cm)|
|Common Name||Dita tree, devil tree.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||100 feet.|
|Flower Colour||The fragrant flowers are greenish-white|
|Bloom Time||Late autumn to early winter|
Planting And Care
- It grows better under a moist, warm climate but cannot stand waterlogging.
- Recommended for planting in parks, gardens, and inside lawns. Suitable for avenue planting.
Alstonia Scholaris Care
It has been extensively planted in India. Also seems to grow well in hot dry regions.
Sunlight Full sun. Watering Keep the soil moist but not logged. Soil Fertile, moist, but well-drained soil. Temperature Annual temperature in the range of 12 to 32 degrees C. Fertilizer Apply an organic fertilizer of FYM.
Alstonia Scholaris Special Feature
In Ayurveda, it is used as a bitter and as astringent herb for treating skin disorders, malarial fever, urticaria, chronic dysentery, diarrhea, snake bite, and for the upper purification process of Panchakarma.
Alstonia Scholaris Uses
- It is used as the ornamental plant
- It is used to treat bowel complaints, abdominal pains, fevers and irregular menstruation, and has proved a valuable remedy for chronic diarrhea and the advanced stages of dysentery
- A decoction is applied as a wash for skin diseases, and as a gargle
- Note: The following information is general guidelines
- Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
- The latex provides a good quality chewing gum
- It is usually used in making packing boxes, blackboards etc